Truck Mounted Platforms
What is a truck mounted platform?
A truck mounted platform is a mobile elevating work platform which is attached or ‘mounted’ on to a road licenced chassis.
These are also referred to as mounted platforms, truck mounts and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWP).
Find out more about truck mounted platform
Types of truck mounted platform
- Articulated truck mounted platform
- Telescopic truck mounted platform
Benefits of truck mounted platforms
- Once on site, they can be set up easily and quickly, allowing the operators to get to work straight away
- Ideal for multisite applications
- They tend to have a higher safe working load (SWL) then other MEWPS which means extra capacity for things like tools or cameras and lighting rigs in the media industry
- Road licensed for highway work eg signs and window cleaning
What applications are truck mounted platforms good for?
- Truck mounts are useful for when you require your access platform to be moveable, as it can easily be driven from one site to another, unlike a standalone MEWP, which may need to be transported on another vehicle as they are not highway legal.
What is the difference between a truck mount and a track mount?
A truck mount is fixed to a vehicle which has wheels and can be driven between locations. A track mount has a set of tracks instead of wheels, which makes it much more capable of handling challenging conditions and uneven terrain.
What training do I need to use a truck mounted platform?
For a truck mounted platform with weight up to 3.5T, them the vehicle is driveable on a standard licence.
Over 3.5T requires a relevant HGV licence if it is a self-driving platform.
Please note, if you are hiring a truck mount with a reach of more than 21m, you will be provided with an operator.
AFI deliver industry leading training and are recognised as one of the leading IPAF training providers in the UK. We offer training through our AFI Training brand.
How to service and maintain your truck mounted platform
Our team are experts in servicing and maintaining truck mounts.
We can offer comprehensive service and maintenance packages and LOLERS to help keep your machines legal and your workers safe. We are also able to cover breakdowns at an agreed additional cost.
Click here to find out more about our service and maintenance options.
If you are still unsure which type of mounted platform you need for your application, then get in touch and our experienced team will be able to talk you through your options.
View all machines for sale
Results Matching Criteria: 7